We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Ao Nang

Kuala Lumpur...
4 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Ao Nang

Hi All,

just wondering what the latest update is on the weather in Krabi/Ao Nang... Has it stopped raining? We're due to arrive on the 15th and are wondering if we should cancel/postpone... Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated... Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Resort
Krabi Resort
1,520 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Ao Nang

www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php…

There's no reason to cancel your trip. The chances of rainfall are shown in the above link.

Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Ao Nang

This is a nice site to see the weather http://aonangweather.com/

Kuala Lumpur...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Ao Nang

Thank you very much bbtony and Niemiset! Very useful posts.

Would you know by any chance if the boats run between Railay and Ao nang as normal?

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Mentioned in this post
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
284 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Ao Nang

My girlfriend and I are due to be in Krabi next week. She has a friend at work with parents who live in An Nang somewhere and they claim this morning that the weather has turned and areas are flooding again. I was gutted when she called me but could they just be refering to previous floods? Is there anyone in Krabi who can comment?

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Ao Nang

Weather is normal. Sunshine with a chance of afternoon rain.

Kuala Lumpur...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Ao Nang

We're in Krabi now and the weather is just gorgeous!!

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
7. Re: Weather in Ao Nang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 13:38
El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Ao Nang

dont let the weather stop you from going. I was there last year and it raining quite a bit but we just put on a widnbreaker and kept on going unfortunately the electricity will go out because of thunder in the area but that is expected anywhere.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Ao Nang

Hi guys,

I'm flying out to Railay on Friday for a week and the weather reports I'm finding are really contradictory - can anyone let me know what it's like at the moment?

I'm mostly concerned about prolonged periods of rain / storms. I would expect quick showers in the afternoons, so that's fine but would like some sun if possible!

What's it like right now?

Mentioned in this post
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
England
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Ao Nang

Hey

I just got here today, been in Bangkok fir 2 days. Weather in Ao Nang is beautiful, gorgeous sunshine all today today- some cloud cover but not much.

There were some thunder storms around 7/8pm but didn't last very long.

Hope that helps!

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand