We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

Cape Town
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

Hello,

We're coming from South Africa to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013. Assuming there will be a New Year party? Where do you think would be the best place to head to ring in the New Year?

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,856 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

Ao Nang

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

Hi

We too will be in Ao Nang for NYE this year - actually arriving early evening NYE flying in from Kuala Lumpur after a week in Langkawi.

We have a friend who lives in Krabi Town that we will be catching up with and he says the whole area around Ao Nang and Krabi Town is quite happening at that time of year. He did mention that transportation late in the night becomes scarce - but that's typical anywhere in the world right?

Other locals may have more info that this, however I can't wait !

Enjoy it !

malaysia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

will be staying at aonang for NY :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

Yep. Arrive NYE and staying for a week then a few days Phi Phi then Karon for a couple days before heading home.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

I have had 2 NYEs (2009/10) in Krabi and they were both amazing..As with any NYE , traffic is an issue..I suggest booking a hotel in the Aonang area and walking around..very easily done..there were fire works and parties every where..Luna bar was the best club at the time and it was very busy till late..really miss Aonang..have a great time..

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

I will also be in Ao Nang for NYE 2012/2013 - coming from London with my boyfriend. I haven't been back since 1999/2000 Millenium NYE. At that time Luna Bar was a great place to party, right on the beach! If anyone hears of anything for this NYE, please let me know too. Bit old now for full-on full moon trance parties, but any decent bars/beach parties would definitely love to hear about.

Thanks,

Hayley x

sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

the best place is on right on the beach itself, it's amazing. dont be stuck inside a bar to bring in the new year, everyone is on the beach having a great time. fireworks and lanterns everywhere...hit the bars afterwards.

i'll be there also...Luna bar is still good and centre point is right across the road from the beach...

cardiff
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

We are also there for New year this year, heard so many great things, and as you can see above most people tell us that the beaches are the best place to spend NYE!!

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

Yep head to the beach. Luna Bar is nothing like it used to be Hayley - back int he good old days, as i'm sure you will remember, it was all bamboo shacks, feet in the sand and cheap drinks. Now it costs as much to drink in there as it would in a hotel bar!

Lost my business a long time ago. Concrete eyesore.

10. Re: Coming to Ao Nang for New Year 2012-2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang