We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prebook Ferrys?

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Prebook Ferrys?

Hi, I will be in Ao Nang in just over a week, I have booked accomodation here and also at Phi Phi, Ko Lanta, Railay. Is it necessary to prebook the ferrys as well or do you just turn up?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,226 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prebook Ferrys?

Just turn up but you can buy your ferry tickets the day beforehand at a local travel agent/office.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,315 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prebook Ferrys?

One advantage of buying your ferry voucher the day before from your hotel is they usually throw in transportation to the ferry terminal. But it's inadvisable to try to book ferry trips months in advance.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prebook Ferrys?

I always book a few days before and have the transportation to the ferry.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prebook Ferrys?

If you stay at Ao Nang you can probook with travel agent there to go to Phi Phi, about Railay you can take longtrail boat to get there from Ao nang , and you can take minivan+ferry to Koh Lanta, except you will come from Phi Phi, there is Ferry to Lanta aswell. :)

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prebook Ferrys?

Great, thank you for all your replies

6. Re: Prebook Ferrys?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang