We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
203 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
rough weather?

as our trip to Krabi comes closer my thoughts are turning to out snorkeling and camping trip.

I've had a look at the extended forcast for the Krabi area around the time we will be there and they are looking at 15-35 knot winds and a 1-2 metre swell. along with thurnderstorms.

Can anyone tell me what that means in relation to boating and snorkeling? Will it be rough or will it be ok? is seasickness something I need to consider !

Also had to smile when the weather page had a picture of a person in trousers and a sweatshirt/jersey with a prediction of cool weather because it got down to a low of 21C !!

Cheers for any info :)

frazz

Edited: 28 December 2012, 09:39
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: rough weather?

We had no rain the entire week and the sea is calm and sometimes getting rougher in the later afternoon. Long term weather forecasts are like roulette. But the weather for a week ahead will stay as it was this week.

If you are sensitive for motion sickness, better take a tablet prior to the boat trip.

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
203 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rough weather?

oops 15-35 km/hr winds not knots per hour

Thanks klongmuang I'm not a sea going person so I wasn't sure if that was a big swell and strong winds or just a normal everyday day at sea :)

Surrey
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
818 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rough weather?

Have been watching weather forecast daily as was worried about weather for our trip in January/February. I am pleased to say that it seems fairly settled at moment with no mention of rain. Hope this continues.

4. Re: rough weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 10:17