We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I book trips?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Should I book trips?

In Ao Nang early March and want to do Hongs and Phi Phi and after reading reviews of Andaman Camp and Cruise wonder if I should book in advance now or as Id prefer to do it when we arrive and risk not being disappointed.

London, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I book trips?

Definitely book in advance. When I wanted to book, far in advance, they only had availability for 1 out of the 4 days we were staying in Ao Nang.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
107 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I book trips?

If you particularly want to go through Andaman Camp and Cruise then maybe best to book soon to avoid possible disappointment, as it seems that they are sometimes fully booked.

In case they are fully booked, you could try the lady in the video below, Mem. I'd highly recommend talking to her, she speaks great English and gives very good advice and she only sells tours with good tour operators. She can also arrange private tours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oASdD_GcXA

I've lived in Krabi for 10 months now and I always go to her for my tours. I've done about 15 tours through her and I have never been disappointed.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
631 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I book trips?

I found the trips better value if you book in the resort

Malaysia
Level Contributor
246 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I book trips?

Any figure as comparison ?

as i am going to krabi during the songkran festival.. I do not know whether is going to be a peak season or low... still struggle to book earlier or in the resort or after we arrive...

portblair
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I book trips?

Yes. You must book your trip in advance to avoid any dissapointments. Andaman is paradise on earth. you must visit this islands. If you want to relax and enjoy your holiday really better then this is the best place to do so.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I book trips?

Book when you are in the resort, it's much much cheaper. There are no shortage of people offering trips on the beach road - it's much easier to haggle face to face. I went last July/August & we ended up paying about half the price advertised on the websites. Look for a girl called Mina outside the 7/11 by centre point she was very helpful & did us a good deal as we booked 3x trips with her

Malaysia
Level Contributor
246 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should I book trips?

interesting.. totto say book early.. invern say other wise....

anyone care to explain the extreme of the different opinion ?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
270 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should I book trips?

I went in the busiest time of the year. Dec/jan. I booked all of my tours max few days in advance feom tourdesks. Never hsd a problem. If you book online you be stung for prices. Wait till your their and book at tour desks exc ur hotel as theyll charge alot. For exampele a trip from phuket/krabi a day trip to phiphi shouldnt cost anymore than 1200baht each.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should I book trips?

I have decided to book a trip with Andaman camp n cruise before I go and book Phi Phi trip when I get there edge my bets I guess.Cant wait now.Thanks for all your replys.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should I book trips?

There is so much choice in the resort. The trips simply won't be booked up. In low season (July/August) I paid 2,500 THB total for Day trip to the PhiPhi islands, Day trip to James Bond Island & half day trip to emerald pool.