We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Ao Nang

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
10 posts
Save Topic
Beaches in Ao Nang

Hi!

We will be going to Krabi in end March 2013 with our 5 years old girl. Should I stay at Nopparat Thara Beach or Ao Nang Beach - which is better/nicer? I am looking at Aonang Cliff Beach Resort (next to McDonalds) at Ao Nang Beach - 5 mins walk. Any comments on this hotel?

Thought of staying a night or two at Phi Phi Island, any suggestion on where to stay?

Thanks!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in Ao Nang

Both beaches are a ten minute walk of each other and both are lovely

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in Ao Nang

Ao nang beaches are lovely. Also u want to try tonsai beach and railay beacgmh they both are beautiful relaxing places.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,206 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in Ao Nang

In my opinion neither beaches are that nice when compared to other beaches throughout Thailand, neither has the lovely, soft white sands and crystal clear waters and the sand is quite grainy underfoot and the sand is darker in colour:

Nopparat Thara Beach:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k…

Ao Nang Beach:

…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/…Ao_Nang_Beach.JPG

They are both still pleasant, but if you are looking for the typical white sands, clear waters you will need to head to Phi Phi for sure.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
107 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in Ao Nang

I personally would stay at the Ao Nang end for the convenience factor. The Nopparat Thara beach doesn't have as many restaurants/shops so your choices are a bit more limited, without having a long walk or getting transport. Nopparat Thara beach is nice for walking, but it is very shallow for a long way out, so is not as good for swimming. The Eastern end of Ao Nang beach (towards Last Fisherman Bar) is OK as far as beaches go.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches in Ao Nang

Ao Nang beaches fair better at Koh Lanta or Khoa Lak check these out as well

In Ao Nang look at Vogue, Ao Nang Villa and Golden Beach Resort

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches in Ao Nang

If you're looking for tranquil go to Koh Lanta. Phi Phi is a party island.

Ao Nang central beaches are not white sand and aqua water they are quite noisey with longtails running back and forth all day I have heard Railay & some of the other beaches are lovely and quiet but the main beaches are not. That said there is more to do in Ao Nang than the smaller islands and some great day trips to take from there. It depends what you're looking for.

7. Re: Beaches in Ao Nang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2013, 17:05
8. Re: Beaches in Ao Nang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 06:17