We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

morning flight, taxi or van

Denpasar, Indonesia
5 posts
Save Topic
morning flight, taxi or van

Hi I have question..

I have morning flight next week (take off at 8 am to malaysia) from krabi airport and i'll stay in aonang..

Is there van shuttle for airport transfer in the morning (6am)? Or I have to take taxi to airport?

Many thanks

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,525 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: morning flight, taxi or van

Hi,

I don't know what public transport is available at that time but one possibility is:

http://www.krabishuttle.com/

Denpasar, Indonesia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: morning flight, taxi or van

Hi.. thanks for ur information...

Aussies on the...
Level Contributor
106 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: morning flight, taxi or van

Krabi Shuttle is the go we just came back and used them - clean ontime and good value really.

Denpasar, Indonesia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: morning flight, taxi or van

Hi, thanks for suggested me to use shuttle bus.. just got back from krabi today... I used taxi in the morning and I got quite cheap price about 400 thb..

Petaling Jaya...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: morning flight, taxi or van

Hi,

I'll also be staying in Aonang and my flight is also at about 8am to malaysia. Did you call a taxi company? Is the taxi fare higher in the early morning?

6. Re: morning flight, taxi or van

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 April 2013, 04:01
Petaling Jaya...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: morning flight, taxi or van

ok, thanks a lot!!!

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
818 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: morning flight, taxi or van

Kind of sad to see taxi prices bargained down to 400 baht! You must be quite persistent or they might be desperate just to make a few hundred baht or perhaps like you a lot.

Why I say this is because the standard rate for taxi is 600 baht from Ao Nang to Krabi Airport and vice versa. Having the price slashed significantly is spoiling the market and is bad for everyone in the tourism business (tourist and businesses alike). Taxis in Krabi are not metered. This is because Krabi is not a city like Bangkok where people can flag down taxis conveniently and vice versa for taxis to pick up new customers easily. My point is, once the taxi travels some 25km from Ao Nang to Krabi Airport which takes about 30 minutes, the taxi is very often left with no passenger on the return trip as they are not allowed to wait for passengers at the airport which have their own taxi operators. What this means is that a big part of that fare you paid goes into the gas/petrol used for your transportation with very little left over for the driver making life hard for them. It is bad for tourist because many would then feel that they could have been cheated or scammed because some others paid just 400 baht for something they paid 600 baht for.

I hope that by writing this, tourists will have more empathy and sense for people in the tourism business in Ao Nang. Prices like gas/petrol are high as well as living expenses. Just because you are in Thailand and things already are relatively cheap as compared to back home doesn't mean you should bargain the prices down for everything. Having said that though, it is culture for shops to quote a high price for customers to bargain it down as part of the fun. I believe it is relatively acceptable to ask for discounts on souvenir goods but not so when it comes to services. Do spare a thought for the person on the other end.

Just that you know. Cheers and happy travels. :)

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: morning flight, taxi or van

Great post Andessen.

We loved the fact that the Tuk Tuks in Ao Nang only charged 20Baht pp. It made us feel that we weren't getting ripped off (until we went to Phuket anyway). We still always gave them 100 Baht anyway.

Ultimately if local businesses are unable to trade there will be no holidays so please don't haggle with the locals except in the markets where its expected anyway.

Also remember how expensive fuel is.

Kind regards

Jim

Petaling Jaya...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: morning flight, taxi or van

Actually my holiday in Ao Anang had already ended when I got the info about the taxi. No bargaining took place as the taxi fares were fixed, so were the fares for songthaew, tuk-tuks and airport shuttles. I asked about the fares earlier as I didn't want to be ripped off - I had a bad experience in Bangkok. Anyway, I was happy to see that all the transport fares in Ao Nang were displayed and controlled. This will help boost the tourism industry. Generally, I had a good hol in Ao Nang/ Krabi as people were helpful :)

Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang