We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

Tri-Cities...
Level Contributor
88 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

I have narrowed our search to 4 hotels in Ao Nang. But would really appreciate TA experts opinions.

We want a nice hotel-- some romance, it's our 35th anniversary and we will be coming from Phuket, so some relaxation after the craziness. We would like to spend $100-150 @ night.

We will be there at the end of October, we realize it will still be the raining season, but we are hoping for the best. With that in mind here is what I'm considering:

Ao nang villa resort-- mainly because I heard that they have covered walk ways to the beach and restaurants which would be nice if we do have a lot of rain. But the reviews are mixed on the cleanliness and the condition of the resort.

Vogue Resort & spa-- only a 10 minute walk to beach and restaurants -- downside seems to be a noisy bar across the street but it has some really good reviews.

Mercure Krabi Deevana-- 10 minute walk to beach-- looks almost too modern and does not seem to have the "Thai" vibe we would like. Reviews mention that a lot of families stay there, so pool area can be noisy.

Centara Grand Beach Resort Villa-- beautiful location and beach. But long walk along a monkey trail to town or relying on boat rides-- which could be a problem in bad weather.

So what do you all think--this is our first trip to Thailand-- so any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Southampton, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

Have you looked at the Ao nang paradise resort?. I am there now and it is very nice, quiet, and close to the beach and restaurant's

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

At the Ao Nang Paradise you do not hear the live musice from the close by Coconut Bar ? It's the same noise maker as for the Vogue. I would suggest to look at the Golden Beach, next to the Ao Nang Villa or the Peace Laguna. Other options with short distances but quiet locations would be the Ao Nang Orchid or the Ao Nang Princeville.

Mentioned in this post
Coconut Bar
Coconut Bar
50 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

Ao Nang Cliff Beach is also worth checking out.

Phuket
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

look at Cha Wan Resort. easily the most romantic little resort in Ao Nang

Mentioned in this post
Cha Wan Resort
Cha Wan Resort
229 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,282 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

Aonang villa is a great hotel. Golden beach would be my second choice.

london
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

Hi

I second Caroline08, Ao Nang Villa or Golden Beach, great location (next door to each other)

thanks

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

Check out Krabi La Playa - good quiet location & for that price you should get a pool access room

East Maitland...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

We stayed at aonang villa mid october 2012. Rooms are older but clean. Great position. Can't fault it. We will be back there on 12 October. Can't wait.

hunter valley nsw
Level Contributor
288 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

We are at Ao Nang Villa right now and it has the best location, breakfast is good, pool great, swim up bar and the best access to beach massages shopping & restaurants.

Staff are very friendly.. Nothing is a problem. We were upgraded to pool view room, just a few steps to the pool.

The bathrooms are a bit dated but everything you need and very clean. The pick of hotels if you want to be in the action & on beach

Joywinnie
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eeny, meenie, miny, mo ....

OK. Dont worry too much about rain....it never usually lasts very long. It is also warm. ha ha! There are 2 hotels together one is Ao Nang Villa & the other is Golden Beach Resort. Both are good. Breakfast is good at Ao Nang. Vill. but very basic at Golden Beach. Golden Beach is the prettiest. but Ao Nang is also pretty but with good food. Stayed at both & I think we are also going there this Oct/Nov. These hotels are in good positions up a quitish pedistrian right of way...one way small lane, to Fishermans Bar & massage tables...(lovely) and on the beach, near to the boats that will take you to any island you want. Wonderful position, relaxed, not snobby, but semi upmarket, but you can still just wear shorts. so difficult to explain. Centara, which was orig.called Central Bay, has its own private lovely beach. everything about this place is beautful. I thoroughly enjoyed staying there for a change. BUT...you are trapped. Yes, you can get out. there boat takes you right to the far end of Ao Nang F(Nopparhat Thar) & you then have to get a tuc tuc down to Ao Nang proper, Or you walk over a monkey trail (yes with the bloody monkies), This hotel is more upmarket. If you just want to hang around hotel most of the time...this is for you! Hope this helped. (By the way I have stayed at Golden Beach 8 times and Ao N.Villas 3 times. Centara only the once.

Mentioned in this post
Golden Beach Resort
Golden Beach Resort
986 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand