We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR 4 days in Krabi/Ao Nang

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
792 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
JBR 4 days in Krabi/Ao Nang

Hi guys!

This was our first time to Krabi/Ao Nang and we absolutely loved it and will definitely be back. This is what we (2 adults and 2 boys ages 8 & 10) did.....

Day 1 - Tues 24/9 - Our driver Nicky drove us from Phuket to Krabi to stay at Gillhams Fishing Resort. Well this place was absolutely beautiful! They were doing some works on the lake so the colour of the water was really dirty. Otherwise the bungalows and the garden surrounds and scenery were spectacular! So my hubby and 10 year old son got settled in for some serious fishing, hoping to catch the big Arapiama......... well they didn't get one of those but they did catch a few Pacu and a huge Siamese Carp so they were happy! Meanwhile me and my youngest son chilled out on the balcony and in the pool, it was very relaxing! We would like to go back here again sometime but stay for maybe 2 or 3 nights.....

Day 2 - Weds 25/9 - Into Ao Nang to stay at the Centara Ande Dhevi for the next 3 nights. The hotel is nice and located not too far from the main area of Ao Nang Beach. We had pool access rooms so that was pretty awesome being able to step out our verandah and straight into the pool and swim across to the pool bar! Kids liked the slide. We had lunch at the restaurant while waiting for our room to be ready - had the yummiest spring rolls! Spent the arvo chilling in the pool, then went for a walk down to the main beach road (only about a 5/10 minute walk, had a look at the shops and watched some locals dragging their fish net and bringing in their catch for the evening. Then had dinner at a restaurant called Tandas - had a bit of everything - it was good!

Day 3 - Thurs 26/9 - Caught a longtail boat to Railay Beach, only about a 15 minute boat ride, so not too far. Had a bit of a walk around and found our way to Phranang Cave and beach, it was beautiful............there were lots of speedboat tours coming & going but still plenty of space for us to laze around and splash around in the warm waters! The kids loved it! There was this really weird set up in the cave - it was full of wooden carvings of penis's - yes that's what I said!!! I think it was something to do with offerings for fertility??!! Very funny anyway hahaha!!!

Day 4 - Fri 27/9 - Hired a driver for the day. Went to the Tiger Temple - WOW that is a loooong way up that mountain! We didn't climb it tho, we knew we had no hope of making it all the way up those 1237 steps!!! Still plenty to see around the base area and took a walk up about 100 odd stairs with heaps of monkeys jumping around on them, that took us to an area where the monks lived - it was amazing to see. Some live in these tiny little cabin things that would really only be as long as a monk! And some live in rooms built into the side of the mountain. We saw our first ever snake that we have seen in Thailand, thankfully it was not interested in us!!

Then it was off to the Emerald Pool for a swim. There's a bit of a walk to get there but it was worth it. Lots of people there and some local kids splashing around having fun! Walked a bit further to see the blue pool - not able to swim there but very pretty.

Then we went to the Hot Springs. You would think that the weather would be too hot to get in hot springs but this did not matter at all. Yes the springs were hot, but soooo relaxing. And when we got out we felt so refreshed! We had a really great day.

We really loved our stay in Ao Nang/Krabi and will definitely like to stay in the area for longer next time we come back!

So tomorrow we head back to Patong to meet up with our other family for the AFL Grand Final and our last few days......

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR 4 days in Krabi/Ao Nang

Great JBR! And good on you for going up Tiger Cave - its a killer alright, but well worth the views!

LF

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
576 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR 4 days in Krabi/Ao Nang

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to go in Feb now.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR 4 days in Krabi/Ao Nang

Great JBR! Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I am visiting Krabi for a 4 night stay from 26th - 30th November.

I am interested to do a few of the Island hopping tours on offer. I am also interested in the Emerald Pool and Hot Springs which is offered as a tour by some operators for 900 THB. I guess i will include this in my schedule since it seems to be a good photo opportunity as well.

Thank you.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,510 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR 4 days in Krabi/Ao Nang

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Krabi, thanks for sharing.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,212 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR 4 days in Krabi/Ao Nang

Thanks for your trip report. We were there around the same time and had a fabulous time as well. Enjoyed reading your report.

Caroline.

6. Re: JBR 4 days in Krabi/Ao Nang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang