We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ao Nang in December.

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Livingston, West...
Level Contributor
7 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Ao Nang in December.

Hi.

Due to arrive in Ao Nang in a fortnight and was wondering if there was much going on for solo travellers? I'd also like to take in a few trips and activities such as kayaking, shark diving and James Bond Island. Any tips on these too would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,370 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ao Nang in December.

You can do heaps of day trips, just book when you get there. Head to the east side for chilled bars and restaurants and to meet other travellers.

mumbai
Level Contributor
52 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ao Nang in December.

Ao Aang is a beautiful and very friendly place for solo travellers :-

1. You can do diving through Stingray divers they are really good

2. you can go for 4 island tour - …blogspot.in/2013/11/slice-of-paradise-krabi…

3. Kayking is also a good option

4. At noght theer are number of bars where you can chill out.

Livingston, West...
Level Contributor
7 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ao Nang in December.

Thanks Cassnu.

Do you mean the east of Ao Nang resort, or the east of Krabi itself?

Livingston, West...
Level Contributor
7 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ao Nang in December.

Thanks CiticUrTravel.

Fantastic pictures. Looks exactly like the kind of trip I was hoping for. Will definitely give it a try.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,370 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ao Nang in December.

East of Railay, it's where the mud flats are

mumbai
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ao Nang in December.

Hi, where could we stay east of railay beach. Is ao nang better than east of railay or what u recommend

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,370 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ao Nang in December.

So Nang is east of Railay.

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ao Nang in December.

bbbb

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ao Nang in December.

oops.

Hi folks. My wife and I will be in Bankok for a week later this month. We should have 7 days or so (we fly standby from the states and exact dates are uncertain). We are 40 and love the water and are quite active. From what I'm picking up on, we should get to Ao Nang and spend 4 or 5 days there after a night or 2 in Bankok. Does that seem to be the case? I'm sure they're a ton of options, but does it make sense to get to Ao Nang and do some day trips snorkeling/scuba/fishing and some hiking? Do the flights from Bankok to Krabi run pretty fluidly and are since our itinerary is not definitive, will we pay a big premium for same day

flights.

The posts have been helpful and perhaps I should've started a new thread. 'Cassnu', you seem to know this scene well-any helpful hints? Much thanks.

Matt

Livingston, West...
Level Contributor
7 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ao Nang in December.

Hi Matt.

I'm in Ao Nang this week and having a great time. Spent 2 fantastic days in Bangkok and can't wait to go back again next week. The city is full on 24 hours a day and very vibrant. Sky train excellent, but river boat really lets you see another side of the city. Street food brilliant value at 40 baht for a plate of Pat Thai everything else should be bartered over as the city is like a huge open air market.

Air Asia from Bangkok to Krabi is cheap, frequent and reliable.

Ao Nang is quite touristy but still very relaxing and you get a great choice of restaurants and bars. Lots of boat trips and you should barter for these too. They provide snorkelling gear at some of the island stops, seen lots of fish and sea urchins today. Well worth the price of 1,000 bht with lunch and transfer included.

Railay beach is beautiful, with Pra Nang not far behind.

All in all, excellent places to visit.