We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather - Is anywhere sunny?

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, England...
5 posts
Save Topic
Current weather - Is anywhere sunny?

I have just arrived in Krabi today and was not expecting the weather to be miserable! Looks like it's the same on Ko Lanta, Phi Phi etc.

I have been travelling for 7 months and have until the 12th before I make my way back to Bangkok. It is the end of my travels so I just wanted to relax on the beach. Does anyone have any better idea as to whether I should stay put in Krabi, see Lanta, Railay etc or cut my losses and head somewhere else.

I really don't want to spend the last part of my trip just avoiding the rain!!

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather - Is anywhere sunny?

It is a little misty and overcast - unusual for this time of year. Dont worry - it will improve shortly http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=76

Last week was mainly hot dry and sunny, so it should come back soon enough

jersey
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather - Is anywhere sunny?

It's probably sunny in places like Ko Chang/ Ko Samet. Maybe rtn to BKK, and sidetrip to there if sunshine is important. Early December isn't great for Thailand. For guaranteed sunshine you need to visit Thailand Feb-may.

Edited: 05 December 2013, 13:12
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather - Is anywhere sunny?

Solid dry hot sunshine on the Eastern Seaboard of the Gulf of Thailand - Samet / Rayong / Pattaya areas, were there last weekend and friends have been there all week and the same

Edited: 05 December 2013, 14:00
4. Re: Current weather - Is anywhere sunny?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 06:18