We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Different from Phuket?

Exeter
Level Contributor
157 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Different from Phuket?

I am in Phuket on holiday in March, and have a few spare days before flying back to UK from Kuala Lumpur.

I was thinking of flying to Penang, but then noticed that Krabi was only just around the corner. If I spend a week in Phuket is there anything different to see or do in Krabi?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,951 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Different from Phuket?

Krabi has a more laid back vibe than Phuket, however, Penang is a good choice if you want to have more of a city experience, the food is amazing and so cheap.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Different from Phuket?

Hi

Krabi is beautiful and scenic and not as much traffic as Phuket so easier to get around. I now live in Phuket but before I always did both places as they are so different. You do not have the big shopping malls that Phuket has but who shops till they drop when on holiday.I now escape to Ao Nang when we want a week end away from Phuket. It is still one of my favourite places.

Exeter
Level Contributor
157 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Different from Phuket?

Thanks for the response.

Guess it might be toss a coin time

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Different from Phuket?

Well to get to Krabi is just a road trip by bus or car service, penang means the costs of a flight. Although I like Penang I think is it easier and nicer for you to do Krabi area as the scenery is truly stunning.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Different from Phuket?

i will choose Krabi over Phuket anytime!

6. Re: Different from Phuket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang
Recent Conversations