We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how's the weather in krabi now?

singapore
13 posts
Save Topic
how's the weather in krabi now?

Hi all

I wld be in krabi in 2 days time and will be traveling with family for this first time. My concern is how is the weather now ? Are the island hopping to phi phi leh will be affected?

Thanks in advance.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how's the weather in krabi now?

Awesome

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
657 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how's the weather in krabi now?

Hot,hot,hot .

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
81 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how's the weather in krabi now?

hot with tropical downpour for an hour or so late afternoon on some days - very refreshing.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
81 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how's the weather in krabi now?

hard to know when a storm will appear from hour to hour so island hopping to Phi Phi you will have to decide on the day. Be aware that the sea can turn very rough at a moments notice at this time of year. It is the start of the monsoon. Sometimes boats are cancelled but some take their chances with the weather.

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
937 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how's the weather in krabi now?

Stormy here now....have yet to book any island hopping trip.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how's the weather in krabi now?

Are the storms all day or still sunshine at times?

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how's the weather in krabi now?

Stormy in the morning....and passing showers in the afternoon.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: how's the weather in krabi now?

We currently have very stormy weather and it is expected it will last for another 4-5 days. Responsible minded tour operators have cancelled their trips, although some greedy and money minded operators still go out despite advisories from the marine police and the Thai meteorological department.

Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how's the weather in krabi now?

I read that the island tours today were cancelled and weather continued to be stormy. Wave were strong. We are going next week, I think we can plan for some cooking sessions just in case weather is still bad.

10. Re: how's the weather in krabi now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:15