We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed please

Which Ao Nang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed please

Hello all,

We plan to travel to Krabi and Phuket with my parents (aged about 60yrs, quite energetic) from Singapore. We had few questions:

1) We plan to go to Krabi first, stay 2 nights, do some island tours. We do not intend to do any water activities, just rent a longboat and go island tours. Now, can anyone please let us know what things can be done in Krabi with my parents?

2) Also, how to book family suites online. Most hotels on Agoda or Bookin.com, have rooms for 2 adults only. Do we need to call/ email hotel directly for family suites for 4 adults?

3) We plan to go Phuket from Krabi. What are the best options? Are motor boats good for motion-sick-prone guys like myself? What activities can be done in phuket? Again, we are not water-activities folks, so anything other than that.

Many thanks in advance for your valuable tips.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed please

I have been to Krabi a couple of times with my family and will be staying in Aonang again in a couple of weeks. As far as booking for four people, we are a family of three adults who always share one room and have never had any trouble booking through either Hotel Thailand or Booking.com. With Booking.com there is a space to click for more options for how many guests and you can enter how many adults or children. I haven't used Hotel Thailand for awhile but I think this has the same kind of set up. For our last few trips to Thailand we have looked at Trip Advisor to get people's recommendations for hotels and then booked with the hotel directly which also works well.

As for things to do, we have done the Nosy Parker elephant trek a couple of times and will be doing so again this trip. These people really love their elephants and look after them well and the trek is right through the jungle with a swim afterwards if you feel like it and feeding the elephants. We also visited the Krabi Night Market one night which was great fun. There was the usual souvenirs and clothing etc for sale but at a part slightly around the corner (from memory) there was a part with all sorts of amazing fruits and flowers to look at. We had vowed to steer clear of street food for the trip (just in case) but none of us could resist the fried potato swirls eaten from a stick with your choice of just about any seasoning imaginable. One last thing I'll say is that a trip to Railay Beach by long tail boat is great and then a walk from there to Phra Nang Beach.

I hope some of this helps.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
885 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed please

It would easier to book two adjoining rooms, than a family room for 4 adults.

In Krabi Two Bedroom Family for four person is available at Aquamarine Resort & Spa.

3. Re: Help needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:16