We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scandinavians for the first time in Canada and Okanagan

nyc
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Scandinavians for the first time in Canada and Okanagan

We are ,in the beginning of July, going to the valley for three days ,but in which city should we stay and could you please recommend a hotel?

We have studied Tripadvisor ,but there are so many alternatives.

Many thanks

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scandinavians for the first time in Canada and Okanagan

What are your interests, how are you getting to the Okanagan?? driving, flying? On your way somewhere else?

More details will help us give you some ideas.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,075 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scandinavians for the first time in Canada and Okanagan

Depending on what you are looking for, I would lean towards the south Okanagan. Most of the wine is between Penticton and Osoyoos, but these communities are smaller and quieter. This suits me just fine - the less there is to do, the better! But not everyone likes the same things. Personally, I'd lean towards Oliver or Naramatta.

nyc
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scandinavians for the first time in Canada and Okanagan

Thanks for reply.

We are driving and this will be the end of our three weeks driving around in bc.

We are flying back to norway via Seattle.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scandinavians for the first time in Canada and Okanagan

I'd recommend staying in Penticton as you are central to Naramata, Oliver and Osoyoos. The drive back to Seattle should take you about 5 ish hours.

For hotels in Penticton I'd recommend the Empire Motel, Best Western, Ramada or the Days Inn.

If you decide to stay in Osoyoos try the N'kimp, Walnut Beach or Sunspree.

Either location affords swimming in a lake, wine tasting and just general warm weather holiday options.

Enjoy your trip!

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,043 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scandinavians for the first time in Canada and Okanagan

You might like the R & R B and B

http://www.rnr-bnb.com/

It is in Osoyoos, on the lake. It books up fast. Osoyoos is a good location as you can drive from Vancouver via Hwy 3 through Manning park - it is a beautiful 4-6 hour drive, depending on traffic out of Vancouver. You can then cross the border into Washington and drive to Seattle through Washington State for variety.

6. Re: Scandinavians for the first time in Canada and Okanagan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Okanagan Valley