We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Mexico? Please Help.

Ashtead
5 posts
Save Topic
Where to go in Mexico? Please Help.

Hi,

Me (23) and my girlfriend (18) are looking to go to Mexico. We're looking to spend under £900 each but unsure of where abouts in Mexico to go.

We're looking for a nice beach hotel (with a nice beach) with alittle bit of night life nearby but also not too far from sight seeing.

I've been looking at Thomas Cook for hotels and the main places appear to be:

Cancun

Mexico City

Playacar

Playa del Carmen

Playa Paraiso

Puerto Aventuras

Puerto Morelos

Punta Brava

Riviera Maya

Tulum

Xcaret

But again we have no idea which is the place for us. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

EL

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Mexico? Please Help.

Yes check out the Riveria Maya area (Playa del carmen,Playa Paraiso,Puerto adventura,Tulum )all are the Riveria.The resorts are great there Iam not sure how much you money is in US dollars but can say this whole area is a good bang for your buck.Going all inclusives is great (eat ,drink ,fly,sleep,cab)all in one and dont have to take alot of money with you.Here are a few great ones I have been to

Iberostar Lindo(There are 8 Iberostars in that area)

Grand Pallidum resorts

Barcelo resorts

Catalonia resorts

You may wat to look at the Iberostar Tucan its in Playa del Carmen so you can do night life.But most of the resorts have everything right on the resort,bars,clubs,shows etc.Have fun its beautiful there.

Ashtead
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Mexico? Please Help.

Yea we have heard a few friends say Riviera Maya is the place to go.

I've just been looking at Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa and was wondering if that hotel might offer us what we are looking for.

Our price range is £900 which converts to around $1,300.

Hope that helps you give me a bit more advice.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in Mexico? Please Help.

Is that for each person?Or just hotel only?

Ashtead
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in Mexico? Please Help.

Sorry thats £900 or $1,300 each. So a combined total of £1800 or $2,600 for everything.

Flights, Hotel and All inclusive...etc

Cheers,

EL

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in Mexico? Please Help.

Depending on the time of the year you can get some great deals.I go in oct and dont pay anymore than 1800.00 for two for 8 days flight included.This time of the year you will pay double.We ahve apple vacations here and funjet vacations we go through(package deals)check book it .com for hotel only then a flight price.Hope I have helped you.Right now apple vacation has a deal for feb-april for 1500.00 pp for the pallidum.

Calgary
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go in Mexico? Please Help.

Huatulco

7. Re: Where to go in Mexico? Please Help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 13:18