We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon confusion!! Narrowed my decision to 4 hotels...

Alabama
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon confusion!! Narrowed my decision to 4 hotels...

My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon from May 9-17 2009, and I am having trouble deciding on where to stay. I have narrowed it down to 4 hotels and I was wondering if anyone could give their opinions as this is a difficult decision because there are so many wonderful resorts. I'm wanting to spend no more than $7,000 for the room for 8 nights.

Here is what we are looking for:

-Definite luxury: we want a room with an ocean view, preferably a jacuzzi in the room, with a pool or jacuzzi out on the deck, room service, all inclusive.

-Privacy: Don't want to be at a resort with children as this is our honeymoon.

- Things to do: We want to be able to go and do snorkeling, maybe shopping, deep sea fishing, etc., since we will be there for 8 nights.

-Beautiful beach: We love the ocean, and we are both ocean junkies and love to be in the water so this is a must.

Here are the hotels I have narrowed it down to:

1.Excellence Playa Mujeres

2.Iberostar Grand

3. The Grand Vellas Puerto Vallarta

4. Secrets Maroma Beach

Any tips and opinions are very helpful! Thank you everyone for all of the detailed reviews that you give to help people like me with their decisions.

Coyoacan
Neighbourhoods, Shopping Malls
Casa de los Venados
Art Galleries, Art Museums
Fabrica La Aurora
Art Galleries, Architectural Buildings, Antique Stores
cleveland
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon confusion!! Narrowed my decision to 4 hotels...

The Iberostar Grand is the one you want to go to its a beautiful resort.If you stay there you get to use all the others, there are 8 in the area 4 right next store ,one in Cozmel ,and 2 in Playa del carmen.Have fun!

2. Re: Honeymoon confusion!! Narrowed my decision to 4 hotels...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 08:18