We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to mexico need advice

NYC
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First time to mexico need advice

I WANT TO PLAN A VACATION FOR MY WIFE, 8 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND ME. I do not know a thing about Mexico other then they speak spanish. I would like some advice on where to go and where to stay. My priorities are non stop flight from nyc, hotel on the beach where the surf is not too rough and that has a water slide in the pool, a safe area.

I dont mind spending 300-500 a night but i want to get my money's worth. We also enjoy fine dining so I dont need an all inclusive. Finally will we get upset stomachs because of the water?

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
edmonton
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to mexico need advice

Most any 5 star hotel will have potable water so you needn't worry. Travelling to places off your resort, just be sure to use bottled water. You should also be aware that hepatitus A and B can be contracted from ice cubes in your drinks. If away from your resort, don"t use ice. Most mexicans that you will encounter near the resort can speak english well enough to be understood easily.

Florida
Level Contributor
537 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to mexico need advice

Try to consider Cancun or the Riviera Maya, you'll find gorgeous turquoise water and non-stop flight is not a problem. Also try to post a thread under Cancun or RM forums if you need more assistance.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
cleveland
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to mexico need advice

Hi there yes check out the Riveria Maya its wonderful for familys.Iam sure they have nonstop flights from NY.we have them from cleveland it about a 3 1/2hr flight we are there by 9:40am.Yes most speak english except for the maids.If you want calm waters the more south you go the better.Check out the Barcelo Tropical/colonial/palace resort or the Grand Pallidum/white sands resort.The beaches there are beautiful,great pools,good food etc.I have also been to the Iberostar Lindo It is also a wonderful resort with a wave pool,lazy river and great beach but the water is a little rougher there.Check out apple vacations,Funjet,bookit,jetblue for deals.Any questions feel free to ask.

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
4. Re: First time to mexico need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 08:19