We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going in april WOOT

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
going in april WOOT

Hi first time posting and have learned a ton reading the site, i now know all the little things most likely forgot:~) This is pretty much my first time traeling anywhere besides places ive drove to. So ive never been on a plane,never seen a ocean, notta:(

And to say the least im beyond excited. There are 4 going a couple, one of whom as also never been anywhere, and me and my BFF. We are all 24-29 and looking for fun nitelife and shopping.

We are staying in Riviera maya @ Aventura spa palace!

Anyone been there? Included is all the free tours we can possiably pack into our five day stay? Which ones should we try?

Also i know little to nothing about currency exchange, Can i exchange it here b4 i go? How much money should i take if i just wanna do a little shopping(not to much im on buget) and enjoy atleast one of the "famous hot spot night clubs down there?

We are staying AI so im not worrieing aboutfoodthing like that.

One last thing we booked for the last week in april not knowing about the new passport rules about how long does a passport really take? and what are the looking at to grant you one?

Sorry bout the speeling and grammer i had all of 2 secs to type b4 my boss gets back

:) thanks in advance

Level Contributor
1,670 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: going in april WOOT

Hi there well passports ae taking about 3 week.You are going to fall in love with area the white sand beaches and beautiful blue water.As for the Adventura they really dont have much of a beach its a man made lagoon with a beach.You can take a ariel veiw of the resort on Locogringo.com.But all in all this is a top of the line resort down there.You are next to the town of Puerto Adventura they have the Dolphins to swim with and other Marine life.There are some shops there but the best shopping is in Playa del Carmen.your resort may offer free transportation.You resort will have lots of stuff to do but they do have a bar hopping tour if you want nightlife.

Money,take singles,fives and tens you dont want to bring back peasos!I take about 100.00 in singles for tips for the maids,bartenders and dinner.I know its included but they work 16hr days 7 days a week for about 150.00 a month.You are going to have fun we got hooked 6 years ago and have been going every year since.

Bring back boose from the duty free on your way back home you can get two bottles of Absolut vodka for 27.00 and taquilia for about 10.00 a bottle.

Now some info on the Passports if you have any back child support,Warrents for tickets,you may have some problems also have to give then your original birth certicate not a copy.Well I hope I have helped a little oh a great tour to do is Xel-Ha snorkling trip check out there web site.The ruins in Tulum a must,Coba ruins,Zip lines,parrasaling is fantastic!!

Take lots of sunscreen its hot there.

Have fun!!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
65,504 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going in april WOOT

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous trip! Go over to the Puerto Adventura forum for most up-to-date info and feedback. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g153510-i166-Puert… I see you've also posted in the Riviera Maya forum. You should hear from someone who can help out.

3. Re: going in april WOOT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 05:27