We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new to mexico - which resort in September

uk
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
new to mexico - which resort in September

Hi,

have been looking at Mexico never been before and always have wanted to go - but unsure which resort to choose! Going in September so hopefully everything will have calmed down by then - please don't tell me we may have a hurricane to contend with!

we are a couple 30 and 35 and being from Ireland enjoy a bit of craic - but we also want a romantic five star resort with great beaches and food - I'm not asking for much am I!!!

can you help please

thanks

HH

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: new to mexico - which resort in September

Check out the Riveria maya area its beautiful.The beaches there are the best,white sand beaches and beautiful clear blue water.Some of the best I have been to have been the Iberostar resorts,Barcelo resorts and the Grand Pallidum resorts.This area is newer the resorts are in more of a jungle setting not as commercial as Cancun.No high rise buildings 3 to 4 floors at the most all tropical.We have bben going to this area for the past 6 years and love it.Make sure you take out the travel insurance since it is hurricane season.We go every Oct and only once have been bounced out by a hurricane.Have fun!!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new to mexico - which resort in September

If you are looking for the true Mexican flair go to the Pacific side of Mexico. They have beautiful golden beaches that sparkle in the sunlight. and you are surrounded by mountains. We stay at the Riu Palace Pacifico in Nuevo Vallarta. It definatly is a palace, all the way from the wonderful buffets to the fine dining in the ala carte resturants, top shelf liquor served in the bars and in the dispenser in your suite. Even nightly turn down service with chocalates left on your pillow.

Chech it out for yourself at

riu.com/en-us/…index.jsp

3. Re: new to mexico - which resort in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2009, 03:31