We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

Surrey
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help

Hi,

I am looking to go to Mexico next year but not sure where to go- Cancun, Playa del carmen or riveria maya.. i want somewhere lively with enough bars and restaurants etc, but not somewhere that is going to be rowdy....can anyone recommend an area which would be like this or just recommend which is the better area of the 3?

Also, fellow Brit's where are the bargains for hotels/ deals to Mexico?

Thanks,

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help

Hi there I would say Playa del carmen.Its a great towm with alot to do.But I will tell you most of the resorts in the Riveria maya have lots of bar and resturants right at the resort.This is a newer area so the resorts are wonderful and the beaches are white sand and carribean water.Here are a few great ones I have been to.

Iberostar Lindo/maya

Grand Pallidum Resorts

Barcelo tropical/colonial/palace

Catalonia riveria

Catalonia royal Tulum

you can also try the Ocean coral I hear is good.Hope this has helped some.

2. Re: Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2010, 05:19