We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

departure tax

Ontario
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
departure tax

We haven't been to Mexico before and were wondering how much departure tax is? I know some companies include it in the total price of your trips. We are going with Noltitours and it doesn't seem to be this time for some reason. Last year travelling we travelled to DR with the same company, it was which doesn't make sense but those are the breaks I guess. Is departure tax to be paid in American $'s or pesos?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: departure tax

It's around 50-55 USD (varies!) and can be paid in pesos or US dollars.

Ontario
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: departure tax

Thanks for the info.

Well this is a little retarded. I called our TA and the first time I called she told me is was $25.00 US per person, then after reading up on here a lot of people from Canada and the US are saying that the departure tax is included in our package (noltitours) put I guess vacationers from the UK may have to pay departure taxes. This little investigation made me feel the need to call my TA again. This time I was told that YES it is included in our package after speaking to her manager. Okay, what to believe??? We leave January 29th, I think I may call again before then.......

Chester
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: departure tax

Hi, Just a quick question. We are traveling to Mexico this May and i am aware we will need about 55 USD per person to exit the country but i was wondering if we need to get any entry/departure cards? And if so where from?

Thanks

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: departure tax

Chester - you will get an immigration card (1 per person) and customs form (1 per family) on the plane. In the unlikely case that they run out you can fill them in the immigration hall after landing.

Chester
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: departure tax

Thats great thanks.

Leanne

6. Re: departure tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2010, 08:18