We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency - best way to travel

edinburgh
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Currency - best way to travel

Hi all,

Just a quick wee question about currency in Mexico.

I go to Florida in 4 weeks and will no doubt have some dollars left over, which I intend to take with me to Mexico in the coming months. I'll be taking the main bulk of spending money to Mexico in Pesos, but I was wondering which form people find most effective for carrying their money?

I'm a bit concerned about having to carry a lot of money on me, and was looking into a pre-paid travel card but can't seem to find one for pesos!

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency - best way to travel

USD works easily in MX but you will loose on the exchange. ATM bank attached works. TC's can work but make sure you have a spot you know will cash them. look at preloaded debit cards. finally, throw caution to the wind and go for it.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency - best way to travel

Thanks very much.

I've been looking into the best currency to take and pesos seem the right way forward... planning on taking whats left of the dollars and take all new spending money in pesos.

Will have a deeper dig about!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency - best way to travel

Will have a deeper dig about!

must be an undertaker?

4. Re: Currency - best way to travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 06:18