We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving

Central, South...
Level Contributor
63 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
driving

How many of you have driven in Mexico??? Have you ever had to pay a bribe to anyone??

What did you feel like when you paid them??? I wont pay a bribe to anyone...

is there a good comprehensive cooking school in Mexico for US tourists ????

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving

I have driven in Mexico for 15 years and have had police issues in tourist places (PV, Cancun, Acapulco) and also in Mexico City where they have some weird driving rules. But in most of Mexico police stops are rare. And as you get older you get stopped less (because you know what to look for!). There is no need to pay a bribe - just accept the ticket and pay at the local police station. If you have done nothing wrong (or too wrong) they will let you off with a warning once you know you're not going to pay them.

Cooking schools for tourists can be found in San Miguel de Allende and Oaxaca and probably in other popular inland tourist spots too.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
312 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving

I have, but thats cheating since I was born and raised here. Where are you considerig driving? If it's Mexico City better don't, roads can be very confusing, if I have to drive somewhere I don't know, I use google maps. (And I have gotten kinda lost more than once...) As for bribes, no, I haven't, nor have I ever been stoped by a cop. (Been driving for 10 years)

Edited: 23 April 2014, 08:51
LA
Level Contributor
9,715 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: driving

Trolls seem to have many driving problems.

4. Re: driving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 05:16