We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time Visit - Where to go?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Time Visit - Where to go?

Hello,

My husband and I are looking to get away to Mexico. Neither one of us has either been. Here is what we are looking for: A nonstop flight from either San Diego or Los Angeles, tropical blue waters, great food, and some ruins/local cultural activities. We are considering doing a all-inclusive, but not so sure if that's a good idea since we are both very into good food. I guess it all depends where you go. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. So far, I had looked at Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and Ixtapa. Thank you so much!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time Visit - Where to go?

If you want the tropical blue water with white sand, you can really only find that on the Caribbean side so I would suggest the Mayan Riviera. If you like good food, maybe the Palladium where they have unlimited a la cartes with no reservations required.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,458 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time Visit - Where to go?

To me, the best food is not at an AI . . . but that is my personal preference. Puerto Vallarta is known for its many restaurants . . . but the water you desire is on the Caribbean side - flying into Cancun and you have all of the Riviera Maya to explore . . . you can explore Mayan ruins, enjoy the amazing water - and the incredible food.

This may help you pick the area you like:

cancunmap.com/cancun-vacation-planner.html

I highly recommend their maps for the area you choose - they are more like the best detailed guidebooks you can get. Our favorite place so far is Isla Mujeres - a beautiful small island off the coast of Cancun. Good luck choosing! :)

Edited: 07 May 2014, 23:05
3. Re: First Time Visit - Where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 07:16