We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go - new to Mexico

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go - new to Mexico

Good evening,

Our holiday to Kenya has been cancelled so moving next on our list is Mexico. Due to only having two weeks to sort it out I am looking for a bit of advice. We will be travelling in June is this a good time to visit with weather etc?

Also where is a good resort to visit? We are a young couple who aren't too fussed about nightlife just want a quiet beach holiday and the chance to explore the area.

Thanks in advance

Neil

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go - new to Mexico

June - I found it to be very hot and humid.

I'd pick the Quintana Roo area:

tripadvisor.ca/Tourism-g1575485-Quintana_Roo…

I also use this site a lot (you can buy their maps/guides if you want - I own them all, worth every penny)

http://www.cancunmap.com/hotel-maps.html

Good luck! Happy researching!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go - new to Mexico

June is not a particularly good month because it is rainy season although temperatures will be very warm. The amount of rain can vary from none to continuous although generally consists of showers 1 or 2 hours long in the late afternoon. Although you can never really tell for certain..... The only destinations served by UK companies currently is the Cancun area which gives you the main choices of Cancun itself, or Playa del Carmen (probably more your style) or even smaller places such as Puerto Morelos. Have a look at those places and then post any specific questions on the individual forums for better advice.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,460 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go - new to Mexico

I agree with WIBS - and I think you may be there for whale shark season, which would be a fabulous experience if you are into that, Mayan ruins to explore as well. :)

4. Re: Where to go - new to Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 10:16