We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on vacation locale

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Advice on vacation locale

Hello,

So I am trying to plan a trip for my wife and I and my in-laws to central/south america for 7-10 days in November. Last summer we went to Peru (cusco, sacred valley, machu picchu) and it was fantastic.

My father-in-law is highly interested in historical sights, particularly indigenous (Maya, Aztec, etc). My wife is most interested in good food.

Just curious what those who have traveled more of the area would suggest, initially considering Mexico, Belize, Guatamala, but if there are other countries in south america that would fit what we are looking for best, definitely open to suggestions!

Thanks!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on vacation locale

For pyramids and ruins you would probably want the Yucatan (Cancun area) as that has the highest concentration of easily accessible ones. If you wanted to combine pyramids with Spanish colonial cities (museums, churches, plazas, etc.) then Mexico City and then either south to Puebla and Oaxaca OR north to Queretaro, San Miguel, Guanajuato would give you a good mixture.

Oh, and by the way, to be pedantic, Mexico is not in Central nor South America but North America :))

2. Re: Advice on vacation locale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:17