We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Austin TX to Tulum Mx by Bus in December

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Austin TX to Tulum Mx by Bus in December

Is there a way I can pre-plan this trip while still in the US? IE via the internet. I've traveled to Acapulco this way in 1999, but I just walked into the station in Nuevo Laredo and bought the tickets.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Nuevo Laredo
Nuevo Laredo
Tamaulipas, Mexico
Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Austin TX to Tulum Mx by Bus in December

Why would you want to pre-plan it? It is very difficult (impossible?) to purchase Mexican bus tickets online with a non-Mexican credit card. Best to get schedules a week or so beforehand and then just buy tickets as you go along.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Austin TX to Tulum Mx by Bus in December

I am trying to decide between three possible vacations is why. I want to have an estimate of the costs before I decide. Where can I get the schedules?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Austin TX to Tulum Mx by Bus in December

You won't get schedules that far in advance but you can look at those for tomorrow and they won't be much different (in times or prices). You will need different bus lines for different parts of the journey but herre are some to get you started:

www.gruposenda.com

www.etn.com.mx

www.primeraplus.com.mx

www.ado.com.mx

Flying is cheaper and quicker but I assume that's not an option.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from Austin TX to Tulum Mx by Bus in December

When I retire, if I am still able I want to bus to as close as possible to Tierra Del Fuego, and then some how walk, or ride there. This would be a practice trip. Which is why I want to try this way.

5. Re: Traveling from Austin TX to Tulum Mx by Bus in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 06:15