We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day of the Dead 2014

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Day of the Dead 2014

Hi All,

I'm looking for feedback on what would be the best city to take in the Day of the Dead festivities. Looking for somewhere safe, good food, culture. Beach nearby would be ok too but not mandatory. Caribbean/Gulf side has some hurricane issues at the end of October from what I have been reading, and I'm not exactly pumped to try and work around those kind of storms.

Has anyone ever been to these events and would you recommend we go? My goal, in a round about kind of way is to try to take in as many 'festivals' or events around the world! So far I can cross off Carnival in Santiago de Cuba, Carnival on Isla Mujeres, Songkran in Bangkok, Easter Celebrations on Isla Mujeres,... Day of the Dead next

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day of the Dead 2014

It is not really a festival with parades and fireworks - more a quiet family event. The most famous place is Patzcuaro but it is very crowded and accommodation is probably sold out already. Oaxaca is another possibility. Personally I have found it all rather dull.....

2. Re: Day of the Dead 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 06:16