We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosarito or Ensenada or both? HELP

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Rosarito or Ensenada or both? HELP

Hi, I'm so confused by the various reviews on here. So i wanted to do a 2 day one night trip to mexico from san diego, hit tijuana and then go on further. i was initially going to go to rosarito and enjoy the beach and relax - maybe go horseback riding ... but then i keep reading reviews that its now dumpy and ensenada is better and i also keep reading enseanda is crowded and rosarito is more relaxing. im not sure what to do. should we visit rosarito and stay in ensenada? or visit ensenada and stay in rosarito. ill be there next week and the weather seems to be warm, compared to the weather in the east coast right now. any recommendations on hotels, i kinda get the impression las rosas is the way to go in ensenada and was looking at las rocas in rosarito... please help! i remember a quote from entourage arrie said something like yea we did it in cabo and the lady responded no that was in rosarito. ha. anyway it will be me and my bf and i speak spanish - we are renting a car as well. oh yea and is that lobster area in between?

a bigger question actually is, is there another resort beachy town close to san diego other than these two places?

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rosarito or Ensenada or both? HELP

Ensenada is a deep water port and really doesn't have a beach. Las Rosas is on the outskirts of town and does have a lovely view of the ocean. You'll definitely have to drive into town, though, and finding a parking place is sometimes a challenge.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rosarito or Ensenada or both? HELP

I should have said, also, that Rosarito is 30 min. south of the border. Puerto Neuvo (not a place to stay, just a tourist place to eat) is 15 minutes south of Rosarito. Ensenada is 45 minutes south of Rosarito.

You really aren't talking about great distances between any of them.

The toll road is a 4 lane divided highway from Tijuana to Ensenada. It's well maintained and you'll have no problems. There is a stretch of road construction, but other than that, the road presents no problems.

3. Re: Rosarito or Ensenada or both? HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 07:16