We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Mexico

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Driving Mexico

Just completed Mazatlan (via Baja) to Mexico City. In case you didn't read my Baja post let me recap.....all the alarmist garbage about how dangerous driving in Mexico is, needs a closer examination. I can't speak to the North but everything between Tijajuana and Mexico via Baja is IMMACULATE that's a mix of both Cuota and Libre. Obviously you need to factor in the time difference between travelling the Latin equivalent of the Autobahn (Cuota) and the two lane blacktop that is awash in the unwashed but other than speed and topes/traffic both are in much better condition than most Canadian/US highway systems I have travelled (about 60,000km of them) Please don't forgoe an amazing cross continental drive for bigoted and small minded notions put forth by other people, I didn't and I will never regret it!

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Mexico

Nice that you took the time to report back. Nothing convinces people more than hearing from someone who has "been there."

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving Mexico

Thanks for posting this! I just (not more than 3 minutes ago) read a similar post from someone who drove from CA to Cabo! No problems whatsoever! Great to hear these positive stories...perhaps it will teach some of the nervous nellie's to feel more confident!

3. Re: Driving Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 04:15