We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San diego zoo or Wild Animal Park with teenager

San Jose
Level Contributor
41 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
San diego zoo or Wild Animal Park with teenager

We are planning a trip to San Diego for 5 days/ 4 nights with our 18 month old toddler son and 13 year old nephew. We are pretty sure we will do the Sea World. However still undecided on the following:

1) I have heard that the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park are both fairly extensive. So if we had to pick one, which one would you suggest – especially from the point of view of our teenager nephew. I guess our son is too young for most things anyhow, so at least we want to make sure that that we pick the right destination for our nephew

2) Are there any other activities / things to see that parents can recommend – either for toddlers or older kids?

3) Best method to purchase tickets for the above things? I have heard of a GO San Diego card, but I believe it does not include Sea World

Thanks and any advise on San Diego in general will be valuable.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,709 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San diego zoo or Wild Animal Park with teenager

You might want to post in the San Diego forum for better info! Personally I love the zoo, and have been going for about 60 years!