We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To: Marc Malano/or any Ensenada locals

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
To: Marc Malano/or any Ensenada locals

I have read your informative replies about Ensenada.

We have decided on taking the bus from San Diego to Ensenada this Saturday instead of taking the tour bus. After my lengthy search for a decent hotel, San Nicolas Hotel is what I came up with. Unfortunately, the hotel is booked this Saturday and nothing is available until Sunday. Are there any hotels/motels that you can recommend near San Nicolas area? Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

Jallen :=)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
268 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To: Marc Malano/or any Ensenada locals

Yes...Better to save the money and spend it on yourselves when you arrive. Let me know if you need directions on how to find the ABC bus terminal.

San Nicolas is at the far south end of Lopez Mateos (1st street). I have heard nice things about it but havn't stayed there myself. The do sell out often, especially when a big event is going on.

We enjoyed our stay at the Days Inn Villafontana (http://www.villafontana.com.mx), which is right in the middle of all the shops and restaurants along Lopez Mateos. We found it was clean and reasonably priced. You can request a room that is not facing the street if you are concerned about noise. They have a small parking lot, but since you are coming by bus this won't be a problem. Across the street is the Best Western El Cid, which should be comparable.

For more upscale hotels, the ones PSTREET1 mentioned are very nice, as well as the Hotel Coral and Marina, but they are not an easy walk to the main tourist strip so you will need to take a taxi, which should be about $8.

For a hotel a few blocks from the tourist zone and a view of the marina, you might consider the Hotel Corona...although it is not quite as upscale as the others.