We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving down looking for nice rustic mexican furniture...

mariposa, CA
5 posts
Save Topic
Driving down looking for nice rustic mexican furniture...

My husband & I are thinking of driving down to check out the tile and to see if there are any good places to buy furniture. We found some rustic hacienda furniture in northern california that we liked. Does anyone know if there are places to buy furniture? We would be driving our truck down, do you think we would have any problems transporting furniture & tile if we found some?

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving down looking for nice rustic mexican furniture...

You'll have to declare the value at the border as you enter the U.S. so save your receipts.

You'll find lots of vendors along the free road south of Rosarito Beach. There are also several fairly large furniture stores in the town of Rosarito. Exit at the first Rosarito exit and then just look for the stores. As you exit town, still on the free road, not the toll road, you'll see lots of shops where they make the furniture. There is a tile store in town called Tile Express. After you leave town and drive south from the Rosarito Beach hotel about a mile and a half on the non-beach side of the road is a large tile store, Lomeli. After you pass Puerto Neuvo on the free road, get back on the toll road and go on south to Ensenada. There won't be any more shops or vendors until you are approaching Ensenada.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
268 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving down looking for nice rustic mexican furniture...

Shortly after the last toll I often see a rustic furniture vendor on the side of the road.

In town you may want to stop at a large rustic furniture/art gallery at the corner of Castillo and Lopez Mateos. I think they can arrange shipping to the U.S. I found it very interesting to walk through.

There is also a small rustic furniture store further in town. Go south on Ave. Juares (which turns into Cortez after it crosses Reforma). Turn right on Ave. Mexico and you will see it about six blocks on the right side.

A few of the larger tile dealers in Ensenada are listed below.

Acabados Contemporaneos

Av. Juarez #2148 (Corner of Juarez and Reforma)

01152(646) 172-4784

Ensenada Ceramic Tile

Transpeninsular HWY #241

Valle Dorado, Ensenada

01152(646) 173-9794

BYCSA Tile Center (Also in TJ)

Transpeninsular HWY #313, Ensenada

01152(646) 176-6985

Av. Reforma #142-2, Ensenada

01152(646) 177-1771

Pisos and Recubrimientos

Av. Juarez 1781, Ensenada

01152(646) 177-3424

Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question