We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walkinjg NORTH into US across Mexican border at San Ysidro.

San Diego
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Topic
Walkinjg NORTH into US across Mexican border at San Ysidro.

Since no one speaks English at the Ensenada Main Bus Station how would I ask in SPANISH for the correct bus that goes to the ABC Bus Station at the SAN YSIDRO border crossing in Tijuana so that I could walk across. And how or where do I do THAT once I get to the bus station so that I can get a trolly to San Diego. How much time does it take to walk across at 7AM . Is it as bad as doing it in a car? I have never walked across before.

I dont want to end up asking for a bus ticket and end up at the Main Bus Terminal down by the airport in TJ.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
268 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Walkinjg NORTH into US across Mexican border at San Ysidro.

I understand...quite a challenge you have there with the timing.

I suppose plan B might include a taxi to the airport from the Trolley Station, which would cut down the time considerably because they wouldn't have to make so many stops along the way. However the cost would likely be about the same (or more) as a hotel stay.

San Diego
Level Contributor
425 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Walkinjg NORTH into US across Mexican border at San Ysidro.

The Taxi thing would only be a last ditch effort in case I was about to miss my flight which ultimately is to Europe. I am on only social security as an income and watch my PENNIES not nickels.

13. Re: Walkinjg NORTH into US across Mexican border at San Ysidro.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 07:15