We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bakeries

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Bakeries

Are there any good bakeries in Ensenada, Mexico? If so, can you tell me how to locate them, or where they are at? We want REAL Mexican pastry, if possible.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bakeries

El Rey Sol Restaurant, located on the main street of town has a bakery/cafe on the sidewalk outside their restaurant (you can ask any local where to find it). I've had their desserts while dining in the restaurant and they were wonderful!

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bakeries

Thank you. If we get there, I want to check it out.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bakeries

The restaurant is on the same street as Papa's and Beer, you can ask any shop owner and they will point you to it. Hope you make it there, Ensenada was SO much fun when we were there a couple weeks ago - we are returning this weekend too!

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bakeries

Thanks for that information too. I am making notes of this.

As we will be cruising, at this point, I don't know how long we will have there, but if you can suggest anything to see/do that you enjoyed, please let me know.

I understand they still have "bargaining" there, and I love that. :)

las vegas
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bakeries

Just look for Panderia which is Bakery in Spanish. There are many in Ensenada and if you are driving down from the States, you will many in Ensenada. For things to do in Ensenada, if you drink, pay a visit to Hussongs Cantina. Also a walk thru the fish market is interesting as is a tour of the Santo Tomas Winery.

las vegas
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bakeries

I meant to say if you are driving down there are many in Rosarito also.

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bakeries

Thank you to those of you who have responded to my questions. I will keep all this information for further reference. If you think of "anything else, please let me know.

We do not drink, so is there anything that is a MUST to see/do while there?

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,495 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bakeries

La Bufadora—a rather spectacular blow hole (ocean geyser) a few miles south of Ensenada. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDUDHi9M0rU The name means “the snorter.” La Bufadora is near the western tip of Punta Banda, 25 miles southwest of downtown Ensenada. Follow highway 1 until you see the well marked junction with BC23, which goes through olive orchards and cultivated fields for a few miles, then leads onto Punta Banda, the peninsula which forms the southern end of Bahia de Todos Santos. You will see the turnoff to BajaBeach and Tennis Club, a private resort, in another mile you will see a group of trailer parks and campgrounds on the shore of the bay. Beyond the trailer parks, the road begins to climb toward the summit of the peninsula. Near the western tip of Punta Banda, the road ends at a paved parking lot (small fee), a short walk from La Bufadora. The geyser is best seen with an incoming tide. There are two view platforms, a lower one—where you may get wet—and an upper one. A long row of food stands and curio shops lines the walkway to the viewing stations. (on line www.labufadora.com). If you decide to go and need to use the restroom, it is clean--but be certain to get toilet paper when you pay the lady to enter because there is absolutely none inside.

Watch the U-tube video and see if you think you and your children would enjoy it enough to go; it is one of the world's largest.

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bakeries

Thank you. It looks like something that would be good to check out.

10. Re: Bakeries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 05:17