We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine Tour Companies?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Wine Tour Companies?

We will be stopping in Ensenada on a Carnival Cruise in mid June and may be interested in taking a wine tour. I know the cruise ship offers an excursion, and I am looking into other (possibly cheaper and more flexible) alternatives. For a group of 8 to 10 adults, can anyone recommend a company that offers wine tours? Or are we better off negotiating with local taxi drivers? Any advice on what would be a fair price for, say, a 5 hour tour would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine Tour Companies?

I thought that I responded to this yesterday, but must've closed out before posting.

Guadalupe Valley is 45 mins from town, so with 5 hours you should be able to see 2 wineries + lunch or 3 wineries. Many of the wonderful restaurants also offer wines from the region.

I would begin by recommending that you contact Sitara Perez, she is a local, American wine expert living in the valley: sitara.perez@gmail.com, her website is valleygirlbajawine.com/now-offering-valley-g…

As with many cruise excursions, doing it on your own will be MUCH less expensive and often you can have a more intimate experience when you are traveling in a small group, giving you access to some of the smaller, less commercialized wineries i.e. Sol Y Barra. Touring Guadalupe Valley, especially with Sitara who has a passion for wine and wine making will make your time there so interesting and fun!

My husband and I take every opportunity possible to visit Guadalupe Valley. We prefer it over Northern California wine country. The wines are brilliant and more often than not, your tasting will be with the winemaker him/herself which is such a treat! Not to mention the scenery, which is absolutely breathtaking! There are dozens of beautiful restaurants featuring international cuisine and many with farm-to-table menus.

Have a wonderful visit!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
15 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine Tour Companies?

Thank you very much for the great recommendation, DJ!

3. Re: Wine Tour Companies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 06:19