We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bargaining - what streets?

Which Ensenada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Bargaining - what streets?

I understand that there is some bargaining in Ensenada? If so, do you know what street or streets this is done on?

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,440 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bargaining - what streets?

This link www.google.com/imgres…

will show you the port area. Lopez Mateos is the street where you will find bargaining.

In your quest for a bakery, you still should plan on the one by El Rey Sol; the bakery is excellent, and as we've said, Ensenada is really not a place for a "taxi tour." It's just a normal city, no hidden quaint spots (except for some in the wine valley). Lopez Mateos is a nice spot to stroll.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,440 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bargaining - what streets?

Perhaps some pictures would help you. This link …igougo.com/pictures-l1375-Ensenada_photos.h… has some nice photos and they are labeled so you know what you are looking at.

This link https://www.google.com/search?q=ensenada,+Mexico+%2B+pictures&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=r5c8Uo6FEom6yAH-v4H4Bg&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1195&bih=523&dpr=1

has more pictures, but they aren't labeled. Most of the shopping imges are from Lopez Mateos. The water images looking down are mostly from La Bufadora; Hussongs is right in the port area. There are quite a few "general area" pictures, and some aren't really anywhere close: the statue of Jesus on the hilltop is in Rosarito, not Ensenada.

Maybe this link to the Baja Times will be helpful: www.bajatimes.com/calendar.asp…

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bargaining - what streets?

Thank you for sending me those pictures to look at, and also the website to check out what might be going on when we are there. :)

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bargaining - what streets?

You can bargain in almost all of the smaller stores.

If arriving via cruise, Lopez Mateos is a 10 minute walk from the port, or the cruise will offer a shuttle for a charge. We like to walk, so we enjoyed stretching our legs.

I second PStreet - the bakery items from El Rey Sol are terrific!! Just the thought of them makes my mouth water!

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bargaining - what streets?

OK, now I will definately have to check out the El Rey Sol bakery. :) I have it on my list of places to check for.

More than likely there was an error and you may not know. I just checked the weather for Ensenada for the next 5 days, and it showd temperatures of no more than 60 degrees. I thought Ensenada was warm or hot?

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bargaining - what streets?

I just checked wunderground.com (so far, the most accurate website for Ensenada that I've found) and it indicates weather highs of 77-82 degrees over the next five days.

I've never been in Ensenada where it has been hot - it is warm during the summer and cooler (high of 60's and low 70's in the winter)

If you are going to be on the cruise, it is likely to be very cool while out on the water - especially at night. Sweaters and pants for sure.

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bargaining - what streets?

Oh thank you for checking on the weather for me. I like the warm weather, that is why I was concerned. :) I am from Missouri, so we get plenty of COLD weather.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bargaining - what streets?

Have a terrific time in Ensenada and bring your appetite - the food is SO good!

Gladstone, MO
Level Contributor
272 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bargaining - what streets?

Thank you. This is awful to say, but I am looking forward to the "authentic" Mexican bakery items in Ensenada. :)

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bargaining - what streets?

El Rey Sol is a lovely, historical French/Mexican Restaurant in Ensenada. If you have a chance to read the little blurb on the back of the menu, it has a fun story. Due to popular demand for their pastries and goodies, a few years back, they established a patio just for coffee/pastries. The last time we were in Ensenada we stopped there and picked up a bunch of different items - the one that looks like a maple bar (but isn't) is filled with the most marvelous cream and the eclair...oh goodness, I still have dreams about those - and I am generally not one to indulge in sweets!

If you want an authentic taco - the best in Ensenada, for under $2, Taqueria Mexico Lindo, next door to Hussong's is de-lish. Belly up to the taco bar and watch your fresh taco being made.

My husband and I are foodies - so Ensenada is like our Disneyland :)

Enjoy your time in this awesome city!