We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Paz- dive operator

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
La Paz- dive operator

Hello,

I am from France and will be going to La Paz next October. Would anyone recommend any dive operator in La Paz? I plan to make several day trips with 3 dives a day . I read mixed critics from Buceo Carey and club cantamar and would really thankful to any objective opinion.

Many thanks!

Tahoe
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Paz- dive operator

Hello,

I have been out with the cantamar many times. I always wish for a smaller boat/group option. Most of the dive sites are far so you are on a cattle boat. The groups at the cantamar can be large w/many divers with 1 divemaster. The la Paz diving can be pretty good if you are into lot of marine life. I have seen whalesharks in october everytime I have been out with the cantamar. Also mantas,large groupers, a marlin. I have never been out with buceo carey. The cantamar markets heavily to asia and europe. Usually has large dive groups staying together. I have also been out with La Concha. Mixed resuts, I would have to give them another try. For the most part, I have to have more than 1 bad experience with a company before I dis their reputation. If you go to the cantamar DO NOT GET THE MEAL PACKAGE

Edited: 03 January 2011, 21:43
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: La Paz- dive operator

Thank you Tahoeskier. It helps me a lot!!

I think I am going to book with Cantamar then.

Have a nice day.

3. Re: La Paz- dive operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 06:19