We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Day in La Paz - review

Edmonton
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
A Day in La Paz - review

San Jose del Cabo – La Paz by car

During our stay in San Jose del Cabo we rented a car with the idea to make one day trips to Todos Santos, Cabo San Lucas and La Paz. So, after we already completed our trips to Cabo San Lucas and Todos Santos, early in the morning on Thursday, we left San Jose del Cabo and went towards Los Barriles and La Paz on Mexico Hwy 1.

The weather was great, just about perfect. December is an excellent time to visit La Paz, the summer humidity and heat is gone but ocean temperatures are still comfortable and great for swimming.

Distances we were planning to drive on this trip:

San Jose del cabo – Los Barriles 79 km

Los Barriles – San Padre 75 km

San Padre – La Paz 29 km

Total of 183 kilometers one way or close to 400 kilometers by the end of the day, when we return to San Jose del Cabo again.

We arrived in La Paz after 2 hours and 50 minutes of nice and relaxed driving, across the mountains and didn’t get the ticket in San Padre! Yay…

City of La Paz

La Paz, the Mexican capital of southern Baja California, is a happily ordinary, safe city with world-class saltwater attractions in the adjoining Sea of Cortez. This is the city of 220,000 people, about a two and a half hour drive north of Cabo San Lucas if you use the Todos Santos route. This is the state capital of Baja California Sur — the southern half of this desert peninsula, but it isn’t a major tourist center. La Paz has few big hotels, with no American names such as Marriott or Hilton. Unlike Cabo, most partying in the street is done by locals, not by drunken gringos…

Read the full review with lots of pictures on 'Zdenko's Corner' blog here: zkahlina.ca/eng/2013/03/02/day-in-la-paz/

Take care. Zdenko

Baja Expeditions
Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Kayaking & Canoeing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Punta Baja Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Barbarita Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Channahon, IL
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: A Day in La Paz - review

Great review, took notes as we are flying there tomorrow! Cant wait! Thanks for sharing

Novi, MI
Level Contributor
17 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Day in La Paz - review

Did you snorket in La Paz? I usually stay in the water longer when I snorkel than when I swim, so I was wondering if it is warm enough to snorkel too. Also, do you know if there were kayaking trips available that time of year? I am having trouble finding answers to my nitty gritty questions on the internet.

Thanks - and thanks for the interesting notes on La Paz!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Day in La Paz - review

I was in La Paz a few years ago in March and did a fabulous kayak trip with Mar y Aventuras (Sea and Adventures) around Isla Espiritu Santo. We had a great time snorkeling, swimming with sea lions and camping on the desert beaches of the island. Mar y Aventuras was a fabulous company to travel with and we also really enjoyed staying at Posada Luna y Sol in La Paz before starting out on our kayak adventure. My 4 day crash course in Spanish at Se Habla... La Paz was well worth the time. We are planning another trip to La Paz and I can't wait to go back.

4. Re: A Day in La Paz - review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about La Paz