We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family-friendly fishing recs?

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
619 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Family-friendly fishing recs?

Hi: 3 boys ages 9-13 who love to fish. We will be cruising from Pescadero/San Jose to La Paz next week for 2 weeks. Wondering if anyone has any recs for a charter that is geared towards families and not the die hard "fisher-people". We may be in Barriles as well prior to LaP. Thanks for any tips. Seems like there is a plethora of options.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family-friendly fishing recs?

I just responded to your other kite surfing post. However, I also fished in La Ventana for $180/day in a 26' Panga. The rate is for the entire boat, not per person. It was arranged for me by some other fishermen who were staying @ Casa Verde with me and spoke spanish fluently. My captain (Beto of the boat: Sol) didn't speak english and I don't speak spanish but we had no trouble communicating. The only item I didn't mention in my Casa Verde post for La Ventana was that it is important that you tell the captain you want to, "Make Bait". This is slang for trolling/catching live bait (3-5lb bonito and other smaller fish) and was instrumental in my success during my stay. If you need any other information, I suggest you read the TA post under Casa Verde "Hotels" La Ventana. Good Luck!

2. Re: Family-friendly fishing recs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 05:15