We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Loreto

Which Loreto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Safety in Loreto

Hi. We are returning to Loreto for some more kayak camping after a wonderful trip a few years ago. We again are with an organized, very dependable company from the United States who we have travelled with frequently before.

I assume that the ABNORMAL level of violence found in some other areas of Mexico has not reached Loreto or am I wrong?

Thanks,

Al

colorado
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety in Loreto

No Problems in Loreto !!!!!!!!!!!!

loreto
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety in Loreto

There are no problems in Loreto, AND there is a very reputable company based in Loreto to take you on kayak trips. Check out "Paddling South" on the web. Trudi is an American with Mexican citizenship. She lives and works in Loreto year round. She really knows the ropes. Just because a company is based in the US doesn't mean it is the best. Please come down, with whichever company you choose, but please don't have a mindset that because it is based in the US it is better or more safe than one based in Loreto. You'll have a great time. Relax. Don't worry. Todo bien.

NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety in Loreto

We just got back from a wonderful week in Loreto. No problems- we felt perfectly safe and had a great time. Now seems to be a great time to go since there are no crowds at all- we had our hotel almost to ourselves.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety in Loreto

We spent an entire month in Loreto and not once, did I feel unsafe. I think as its not on the mainland, the issues are different.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety in Loreto

Loreto is very safe. I wouldn't paddle with paddling south. I'd paddle with Tofino or Sea Kayak adventures.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
203 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety in Loreto

To MaryBeverly...

I've paddled with Paddling South several times, both independently and with my family. I would recommend them 150%!!! The trips are safe, fun, spectacular! The guides are outstanding, the food delicious. The owner, Trudi has local knowledge that I imagine is unsurpassed in the region. She also offers unique mountain biking and horse packing into the mountains, including trips to see the painted caves. We did a bit of these activities during a multi-sport trip and got a real sense of the region - fantastic!!!

7. Re: Safety in Loreto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Loreto