We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

NY
Level Contributor
660 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

We need feedback on these hotels as they are the ones most closest to our budget, but we want a nice place with good service, and not overloaded with children, etc. We are a coupole in our early thirties, still love to have fun, snorkle, fishing, etc, please help and feedback appreciated even if different resort. Thanks so much!

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

mskammie803,

Are you wanting to be in Cabo or San Jose? Once we know that we can help you better. If you want to be where there is more "action" then you will probably want to stay in Cabo. Of your choices The Riu is the closest. The other choices are in San Jose which is about 30-40 min. from Cabo and close to the airport.

NY
Level Contributor
660 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

LOL, well being we have never been I guess its hard to say. I am gettgin good feedback on President Intercont...Is this s nice place? Basically, we need a nice place, not an abundance of children for relaxation reasons, lol, and where there is some stuff to do in walking distance, but at the same tiem we dont mind shuttling in to town if it is not crazy expensive. Are there buses or only taxis? Are the taxis expensive? Sorry for all the questions, adn I appreciate your feedback! Thanks so much!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,711 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

Taxi's are expensive! If you want to be near "the action" you want to be in Cabo. While they aren't AI, the Pueble Bonito properties on Medano Beach would be good choices. Take a look at the vouchers for restaurants at www.loscabosguide.com as they can save you a good bit.

NY
Level Contributor
660 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

r u saying everything in cabo is not all inclu? Exactly how far is jose from cabo downtoen> How much is a taxi??> lol thnaks!

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

mskammie803

no not all the resorts in Cabo are all inclusive in fact there aren't that many that are. the good reviews you've gotten about the Presidente I can absolutely say are correct (but then most on this forum know its my favorite place in the world) as far as kids go I think you will find kids everywhere it just depends on the time of year as to how many but at the Presidente they have several pools one of which is the adult pool and as many times as I have been there (and believe me I have been there a lot) you can go to the adult pool and you don't see or hear kids which is sometimes a good thing for chillin out. the resort has a shuttle into San Lucas that runs several times a day as well as once in the evening that allows plenty of time for sight seeing, shopping or tipping a few drinks and is way more reasonable at $10 round trip $15 for the evening shuttle then a taxi that costs $35.00 one way. can't say anything about the Rui never stayed there but I have stayed at the Solaris once that was one time too many for me. If I can answer anything on the Presidente let me know send me a PM I'll be happy to give my prospective.

north of Toronto
Level Contributor
29 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

I am a travel agent, and I have sold the Presidente many times and all with very good review. Also have had good feedback from the RIU Palace.

conneticut
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

HI I am using my points for the all inclusive resorts. There are only two to pick from and one is Los Cabo presidente resort. The one I did book was crown plaza, los cabo. I have read bad reviews on both places. I am wondering if you know about the crown plaza resort. I am thinking of booking 5 days at one place and 5 at the other. I have learned that I it is best to get a bus into town for 2.oo that a taxi is 35.00 and there is nothing to do at the resorts for 10 days. I travel a lot and I am kind of a bit frightened on which place to pick. Would love your feedback.

Jen

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,711 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

If I were doing AI, my choice would be the Presidente! You pretty much loose your first and last days, and if you move-that is another "lost" day.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

mattey56,

My choice would be the Presidente...Crowne Plaza has a nice lobby don't have any idea about the rooms and the grounds appear nice although they aren't near as spread out or as nice as the Presidente. The Presidente does have a shuttle into San Lucas for $10 round trip except the evening shuttle is $15. You are only about a 15 minute walk into San Jose from either place and while San Jose is more laid back then San Lucas there is still plenty of shopping and many great restaurants. I just prefer the Presidente because of the fantastic staff. the multiple pools to choose from having other hotels on only one side and the estuary on the other, 24 hr room service, the grounds, the staff (oh I said that already)

Which ever way you go you are going to be in Cabo so its all good.....

10. Re: HELP,,1st time Cabo..Royal Solaris/Presidente/Riu Santa etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 08:19