We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI - Not Really All Inclusive?

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
AI - Not Really All Inclusive?

I have not yet been to Los Cabos but some friends and I are considering this part of Mexico for a trip next year. I have been to the Riviera Maya side of Mexico and love it, but the others in my party want to try somewhere different. I have been doing some research and have found that many of the 'AI' resorts have time limits on their alcohol availablity. For example I thought Hola Grand Faro looked alright but the package claims they have drinks available from 11 am - 11pm only. For those of you who have travelled to Los Cabos All Inclusive, could you tell me if this is correct? If it is, do you know of any places that are actual AI resorts? I did find Sandos Finisterra resort and they actually state they are a 24 hour AI with 24 hour room service included. We would definately consider this resort if the price is right at the time we want to book. Thanks in advance!!

~Kat

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI - Not Really All Inclusive?

I "think" some AI's post 11 am to 11 pm because that's when their bars open and close daily so with those times I would assume there is no nightclub on site with such an early closing time. The issue obviously is that if I want a mimosa with breakfast then they should have someone/somewhere to make one even at 9 am.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,924 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI - Not Really All Inclusive?

Note that some AI resorts have a fairly well stocked alcohol dispenser in your room.

SherriffJoe is going to the Sandos next month, so I'm sure he'll report back with all the details about adult beverages and fun experiences. (I think the folks staying at the Sandos Finesterra at the same time are going to have a marvelous time with SJ & his bride!)

You might want to post on the city forums rather than this Los Cabos collector one. There are just a few of us who read the Los Cabos forum (so we can see all the Cabo and the San Jose threads.)

One more tip ~ there is an article about AI resorts and resorts with an AI option that is linked to the Top Questions on the right side of the page. Check it out.

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI - Not Really All Inclusive?

Right you are PacNW, I'm gonna be wearing those bartenders out! LOL

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI - Not Really All Inclusive?

You won't find the abundance of AI resorts in Cabo like RM, but more and more resorts are adding the option. We've stayed at RIU Palace, Barcelo and Presidente (sorry, Holiday Inn, just can't get used to calling it that). The RIU (close to Cabo) has bars that stay open late, I even think there is a 24 hour bar, and they have a mini bar, stocked daily and liquor dispensers in your room.

Barcelo (San Jose del Cabo) also has bars that stay open late. A minibar in room stocked daily, but no liquor dispensers.

Holiday Inn (San Jose del Cabo) has a lobby bar that is probably open til midnight. No in room minibar, some rooms do have a frig, but you'd have to request beer/soda via room service and pay a slight service charge.

We're going to the new Secrets Puerto Los Cabos next year. It is slated to open mid December this year. Obviously can't vouch for this resort yet, but I do believe they have bars open late and I know they have a minibar stocked daily. Don't think they offer liquor dispensers in room.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,478 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI - Not Really All Inclusive?

Another thing the AI resorts in Los Cabos dont really offer is the option of non-motorized water sports, as there are so few swimming beaches, so unlike the East Coast, where you might have those choices, you won't find much like that in Baja. Sorry-can't help with the bar questions..............

B.C.
Level Contributor
997 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: AI - Not Really All Inclusive?

Sandos is the only true all inclusive located right near town and the marina so it would be a great choice!! We haven't stayed there but I've read that it's doing well - it just went through a major renovation/upgrade. If you post on the Cabo San Lucas forum, rather than Los Cabos, you might get more answers.

We did one week at Dreams and really liked it as an AI. It's a resort with about 350 rooms, one bar was open until 2 am. Mini fridge with some beer, soft drinks, and free 24 hr room service where I believe you can order some drinks. It's a pretty quiet resort though, especially in the evenings, not a party resort at all. We mostly do non AI in Cabo, but that week was just to relax.

We've stayed AI in the Riviera Maya and other locations. Cabo doesn't have the same size of resorts. We find Cabo is such a great change to other spots. Alot of people don't do All Inclusive because if you pick a resort near the marina and town you can get great deals and the best food and drinks, many happy hours, etc. and the bars are open very late.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI - Not Really All Inclusive?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your replies. I will definately check out the Cabo San Lucas forums!!

8. Re: AI - Not Really All Inclusive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 05:16