We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My College Age Daughter Is Doing Her 1st Spring Break At...

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Topic
My College Age Daughter Is Doing Her 1st Spring Break At...

...........And as a parent, I have concerns. From the postings here, it does seem to be a very safe area, but does that appy for Spring Break? Crazy kids!! I believe she will be staying at the Rosarita Beach Hotel...and tips on what do do there? What is it close to? Is it easy to get a taxi from the hotel, and what are the fares? Being a college student that is broke half the time, can you recommend any good, but affordable resturants in town. Is the town close enough to walk to? Should she stay at the hotel in the evening for her safety? Sorry about all the questions....just a concerned Mom. Hope I can get answeres here...Many Thanks

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My College Age Daughter Is Doing Her 1st Spring Break At...

It's safe, depending on her behavior. Rosarito Beach is a safe town, but if one takes foolish risks, there are dangers there as there are anyplace. The Rosarito Beach Hotel is essentially right next door to the clubs on the beach, so she won't need taxis; she can walk. The hotel is in town. The streets are safe at night.

Rosarito is absolutely filled with restaurants, so finding inexpensive ones is really not a problem. She may be spending all her time at the clubs and eating there, but finding restaurants in town is easy. She should not feel a need to be confined to the hotel at night. Groups are always better than singles.

Sacramento, ca
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: My College Age Daughter Is Doing Her 1st Spring Break At...

I am a teenager...19 & have stayed in Rosarito once before, for a week. It is a party town, but their are always police out & the police station is located seconds away from the clubs. The town is really just a long street with a few hotels, restaurants, bars & 3 major clubs. Her hotel is a bit far from the "city", if she could i would recomend Brias Del Mar, its right on the main street, police station 3 blocks away, reasonably priced ($75 a night) its a bit small but for what u pay extrememly nice, & if she stays @ Brias she can walk to the clubs....the police monotor the streets ALL night!

Recomend:

-El Nido (on the main street, infront of Papas & beer) its clean, reasonably priced & the food is the BEST IN TOWN

-Papa's & beer (along the beach next to Iggys, iggys is dead & ppl are rude) there is no open bar, but there is alot of security, its where everyone goes there is sand dance floors & 4 bars w/ a upper deck level

I hope that helped & if you want anymore advice email me.... v_naranjo4@yahoo.com

-Vanessa

Yorba linda, CA
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My College Age Daughter Is Doing Her 1st Spring Break At...

Its a fun town and will be packed. Plenty of ways to eat on the cheap. We love Yaqui's, El Nido,Tamale inn,

If she was my 19 yo daughter I would be a bit concerned only bc some of the crowd will be predatory or obnoxious just like in any noisey nightclub environment. She should excercise careful/sensible judgement and always stick with her friends. She can email parents from a variety of places in town..one is in front of the RBH.

Atlantic City, NJ
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: My College Age Daughter Is Doing Her 1st Spring Break At...

I was in Rosarita about 8 yrs ago and will be coming back with 3 friends in April. Can anyone recommend a nice clean hotel on the beach? We'll be driving down from San Diego just for the weekend.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My College Age Daughter Is Doing Her 1st Spring Break At...

If you plan to sleep rather than party all night, don't stay at The Rosarito Beach Hotel; the noise from the clubs is bad until 4:00 in the morning. Go further south for peace and relaxation: Las Rocas, La Fonda (though ther have been some security issues there in the past, so keep your valuables with you). Another option is to rent a condo from an owner. We rent ours when we aren't using it, and there are lots listed on VRBO.com--and a host of other sites.

Just like the hotels, though, if you want peace and relaxation, don't rent a condo right in town. The club noise travels along the water.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: My College Age Daughter Is Doing Her 1st Spring Break At...

Thanks for all the suggustions and ideas. She is traveling with a bunch of kids on a bus. The trip was put together by a company called S.W.A.T. (have no idea what that stands for). She understands never to be alone...stay with friends at all times.

Orange county
Level Contributor
345 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My College Age Daughter Is Doing Her 1st Spring Break At...

Thank you for posting. My daughter is doing the same thing for the first time and I am worried. She is also going with friends. Thanks for the info.

Concerned mom