We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosarito for the Weekend

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rosarito for the Weekend

My girlfriend and I are heading to Rosarito for the weekend and we don't know a thing about it. We'd ideally like a hotel close to the beach and also walking distance to wherever all the bars / restaurants are. Could somebody throw a few hotel names at me so I can compare prices.

Also, are there any cool traditional markets, etc we could check out?

Oh yeah...the names of some cool bars/restaurants would be great too. Just FYI, my definition of a cool bar is NOT a DJ blaring house or dubstep music while a bunch of dudes fist pump next to some club skank sipping Svedka vodkatinis.

Thanks!

Edited: 08 August 2012, 02:07
Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rosarito for the Weekend

Hi, Joe. This is the height of the season, so getting a spot on the weekend may be a challenge. The Rosarito Beach Hotel is the largest and most likely to have a room. The tower rooms, with infinity pool on the roof, are the most pricey because they are new. The older rooms are clean and more traditional. Some get CONSIDERABLE noise from the clubs--if that matters to you, be sure and ask.

Los Pelicanos is a possibility, but much smaller, and much more likely to be full.

South of town, there is Las Rocas--do not get a standard room; they need refurbishing. The junor suites have been better maintained. The junior suites have very, very private balconies and fireplaces. (no beach; it's on the cliffs)

You might like Bobby's by the Sea--restaurant and spa on premisis....but also likely to be full. Bobby's also has two rooms right over the restaurant that rent for less than the condos. The views are great at Bobby's, but it isn't on the beach.

I have some more thoughts about lodging----you've got mail (top right hand side of this page)

ed8
San Diego...
Level Contributor
188 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rosarito for the Weekend

No worries on the bar scene in Rosarito because there is none!. Rosarito is similar to Ensenda in that people usually do "day stuff' and limit night activies to eating out only. Rosarito Beach hotel, which is the largest hotel in the area bar closes at 10pm! They have Karaoke in another bar which is fine if you enjoy Latin music. Papa's and beers is pretty dead and boring. Basically the demographics have changed the past decade or so. The party crowd of American teens and college students no longer visits the area like they did in the 80's and 90's. Mostly retired seniors and Spanish locals frequent the area now. Which isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

As for hotels. I usually stay in Condo's for convenience. You can try Baja-rentals.com at Club Marena. Its a nice property and affordable. It also has great surf right in front of K38.

good luck

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rosarito for the Weekend

Just so you know, baja-rentals.com is far from the only real estate company handeling Club Marena rentals. You'll find them at bajaopenhouse.com, remax, and other real estate agencies. The office at Club Marena also handles rentals for some owners http://www.clubmarena.com/

You'll find the most Club Marena rentals available from private owners handeling their own rentals on sites such as www.vrbo.com and www.homeaway.com

4. Re: Rosarito for the Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:16