We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with20 somethings

Which Rosarito hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Red Bluff, CA
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay with20 somethings

We are a 50's couple who are taking our daughter, son in law and baby for a weekend. The Rosarito Beach Hotel wants to charge the young couple substantially more for their room. Where else whould you suggest. We want a pool, beach and relaxation. I offered to be responsible for both rooms, but the hotel wouldn't budge on the price. Also is their Mexican dinner show cheesy. I probably already know the answer.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,440 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay with20 somethings

In my opinion, you would be better served to look elsewhere for lodging. The Rosarito Beach Hotel gets an unbelievable amount of noise from the clubs--and it goes on until 4:00 a.m. I have friends who left in the middle of the night looking for somewhere, anywhere, else to stay. It also isn't always as clean as it could be.

If I were you, I'd consider renting a two bedroom condo from a private owner. You'd all have more room and caring for the baby would be a great deal easier with a kitchen, washing machine, etc.--not to mention not having the baby awakened by the club noise or unable to sleep because of it.

There are many sites with rentals from private owners:

www.vrbo.com

www.cyberrentals.com

www.A1vacations.com

www.vacationrentalsbyowner.com

are a few. There are lots more. I know these because they are the ones I use for our condo when we aren't using it.

If you do decide to rent a condo (a two bedroom, two bath condo right on the water should be around $195.00 per night), don't rent anything at a complex called Oceania--they have the same club noise as the Rosarito Beach Hotel, but more of it. Don't rent anything at Quinta Del Mar; it's very old and run down. In fact, I wouldn't rent anything right in town because of the noise issue; there is the club noise and there are often fireworks on the beach.

If you contact me privately, I'll send you a list of hotels in the area, and I'll be glad to comment on condo complexes if you like.

Pat (Pstreet1@aol.com)