We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 girls in Rosarita...is it safe?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
2 girls in Rosarita...is it safe?

Hi, my friend and I will be crossing the boarder from the US into Mexico and spending one night in Rosarita. My boyfriend (who is not coming along) is worried about me doing this as he has heard some bad press from the past 2 years. Both of us girls are well travelled and in our 30's..... any tips? Thanks

San Francisco
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 girls in Rosarita...is it safe?

Hi, my friend and I share the same profile (female, 30s, traveled) and we are doing the same thing tomorrow. No worries on our part. One major difference can be that we are both bilingual in Spanish and I'm Latina (plus my friend easily looks 'Latina...lol). As for safety, we're keeping to not traveling close to or past dusk and taking hotel recommended taxis only. We plan to be only at the highly frequented nightclubs and not drink to play it safe. Should you be on foot/local transportation, keep your money/passport on your person and preferably only carry a copy of your passport while sightseeing (I do this in any country I travel to.)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 girls in Rosarita...is it safe?

also, make sure you stay at a reputable hotel and don't leave anything of value in your room. it's a fun place to go for a day or two. i wouldn't worry...just travel smart...don't wear any jewlery.

3. Re: 2 girls in Rosarita...is it safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:17