We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing trips...

Level Contributor
337 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing trips...

Thinking of doing a chartered trip out of Rosarito. Any suggestions? Also, will the folks at the fine Border facility give me infinite hell for attempting to bring back any frozen caught fish? (Ie, will I have to try some crazy international shipping should I be fortunate enough to land something I want to keep).

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,498 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing trips...

From the customs' web site:

You can also call 1-800-358-2104 or visit the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Web site. Hunters can get information on the limitations for importing and exporting migratory game birds from this office as well or from the Migratory Birds page.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has designated specific ports of entry to handle fish and wildlife entries. If you plan to import anything discussed in this section, please contact CBP about designated ports and the brochure Pets and Wildlife, which describes the regulations CBP enforces for all agencies that oversee the importation of animals.

Some states have fish and wildlife laws and regulations that are stricter than federal laws and regulations. If you are returning to such a state, be aware that the stricter state laws and regulations have priority. Similarly, the federal government does not allow you to import wild animals into the United States that were taken, killed, sold, possessed or exported from another country if any of these acts violated foreign laws.

Edited: 28 August 2014, 02:49
2. Re: Fishing trips...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:17