We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tijuana Dentists

Which Tijuana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tijuana Dentists

Hi everyone, Is anyone able to recommend a good dentist in Tijuana? I'm having terrible tooth pain and need to find someone as soon as possible.

I'd like to find a dentist office that is clean, professional, with staff that has the ability to speak English. I can speak conversational Spanish pretty fluently but I don't feel comfortable having discussions about my teeth in Spanish for obvious reasons. Terms like "root canal" are out of my Spanish vocabulary.

Thanks

And please let me know.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tijuana Dentists

Most, if not all, dental offices in TJ speak English. Many are of the same caliber also in terms of quality and cleanliness.

You live in Mexico now, right? Why not just ask one of your neighbors or friends for a recommendation. Sounds like your main concern is to see someone tonight and not to be overly choosy.

The term for a root canal is "endondoncia". Not sure if I spelled that correctly....

Dr. Z

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tijuana Dentists

Correct spelling....... Endodoncia.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tijuana Dentists

Thank you for the feedback. No, I'm living in Del Mar for the moment. I just wanted to get more info about any specific places or hear some people's experiences so I'd feel more comfortable making a decision.

Thanks again Dr Z

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tijuana Dentists

Well, for what it's worth I've retreated a fair number of people that went to TJ for care and needed things re-done. I've also seen an equal number of people that good work done there.

Keep in mind also that your insurance may not be in force if you have done things in a foreign country. Always good to check first.

Dr. Z

5. Re: Tijuana Dentists

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 July 2012, 05:05
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,222 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tijuana Dentists

I would ask in the Baja California forums.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tijuana Dentists

Hi DannyFlood,

Just popping in to mention that we've moved your topic here to the Tijuana forums as it did not pertain to travel in San Diego. Hopefully you'll receive more responses from those in the know!

Best regards,

TA_Louise

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tijuana Dentists

Dr. Ignacio de la Vega, I just saw him, see my post, I highly recommend him.

Seattle, Washington
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tijuana Dentists

I can tell you where not to go. That's Dr. Sergio Penunuri in Tijuana. Over 20 crowns, and not one of them fits correctly according to my USA dentist. Half fell out within a year, with chronic headaches. Went back to have warranty work done. Paid travel costs, and the rework is no better than the previous rework or original. Regardless of whether it's him or his lab, he simply cannot construct a crown or bridge. Oh, and one of the three implants was put in crooked. Despite our pleading to do it right, he came up with his little creative dental engineering project because the bone was not fully healed. We would have preferred to take another trip.

10. Re: Tijuana Dentists

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2013, 10:15